2019-2020 Business Plan
Gooseberry Hill Primary School, situated on the eastern side of Gooseberry Hill and bordering the National Park, was first established in 1972. The School became an Independent Public School in 2012 and is proud of our strong community identity and excellence in school programs. The school provides a range of educational opportunities and experiences for over 450 students from Kindergarten to Year 6. The educational programs at Gooseberry Hill aim to develop the whole child through the provision of high quality learning experiences and high expectations in learning and behaviour.
The school is committed to providing a quality education for every student through the review of student performance information and reflection on teaching practice. It is our belief that it is the quality of the teaching and learning programs, relationships and the learning environment that maximise student learning.
The school’s programs focus on the requirements of the Western Australian curriculum and the students’ performances against the achievement standards are used to plan ass and report student progress to parents. Specialist programs are provided in the learning areas of Languages (Indonesian), The Arts (Visual Arts and Music) and Health and Physical Education.
Gooseberry Hill Primary School has a culture that strives to maintain positive respectful relationships with students, parents and each other in a caring learning environment that supports student wellbeing.
The 2019 – 2020 plan is underpinned by our shared vision, values and beliefs.
Our Shared Values and Beliefs
Our school community values excellence, respect, diversity, resilience, integrity, accountability and empathy, and work together to instil these values in our children. We share these common beliefs:
- Students are our primary focus, and should be at the centre of all decision-making;
- Families are the first and continuing educators of our children.
- School and families share responsibility for each child’s learning and together strive for high quality teaching, fostering creativity, imagination and individuality for our children.
- Our school values the contribution of parents and carers in our children’s education through support shown at home, in classrooms and through activities external to the school.
- Our school community values and respects the professional expertise of all staff.
- Our school values the contribution made by the Languages (Indonesian), Visual and Performing Arts Programmes.
- Our school is an intricate part of the local and wider environment, and fosters an attachment to nature by promoting sustainable practices.
- We strive to be inclusive and value and respect the diversity of our whole school community.
- Gooseberry Hill Primary School is the school of choice for children and their parents or carers in the Hills area, and we are privileged to be part of this vibrant school community.
A successful student is one who achieves their social, emotional and academic potential and has a good understanding of their place in the community.
To achieve this we:
- Expect and maintain high standards of student achievement,
- Encourage students and staff through motivation and engagement and
- Provide an inclusive, safe and stimulating environment for all.
Read the entire plan.
2018 Business Plan
2015-2017 Business Plan